Friday 2 October 2015

Wk 40 - Favourite Card Shape...Craft Challenge at Polkadoodles

Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Friday Everyone!

It's Inspiration week here at Polkadoodles, for Week 2 of our lovely challenge

Favourite Shaped Cards


The winner of this challenge will receive a $10 voucher for the store!
You can make anything you like for the challenge, as long as it follows the theme.
You do not need to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges.
Our rules are over there in the side bar ------>

You can link up your entry Here

You have until Noon, GMT, Friday,8th October to enter.
Our Winner and top 3 for our challenge Shabby Chic can be found at the bottom of this post


Now lets take a look at the fabulous creations from our Design Team.

Ruth:  I LOVE using Paper Boutique Vol 3 because it makes card making so easy and I produce stunning results!  This has to be my favourite card shape - really easy to make, print all the elements out A5 size, cut out, layer up with foam pads and add glitter where required!



Naz - This is my card for Favourite Card Shape Challenge. The image I have used here is from Twiggy and Toots Festive Fun Collection.  I made an easel card and used lots of die cuts and pearls for embellishment.  The sentiment I have used is also from Polkadoodles.



Anjie - The image, papers, embellies and sentiment are all from the Octavia Frosted Winter collection, you can buy the image, Frosty Penguins, on it's own HERE. I have coloured the image with Lyra Rembrant pencils. More details on my blog.
Bev here with an easel card for you. I've incorporated quite a few things this week. Including Oddella Twig and papers from Octavia, the cute little ticket sentiment is from Sugarplum Daisy. I've left the stopper plain at the moment to personalise at a later date. More details on my blog.


Penny here with my favourite shaped card.  I originally was leaning to a circular card when it struck me that my real favourite card is actually a tag.   I ended up printing out lots of elements and then combined my two favourite shapes into one.  The yellow spotty background is from Work and Play 1 and then the wonderful Twiggy image is from the Twiggy Festive digital download.  I do love how you can mix and match kits, especially if you are like me and you can't make up your mind on what your theme is :).  


Jessie - My favorite card shape is one I resort to 99% of the time and it is a standard square 5 1/2 x 5 1/2" card.  For this card I got ambitious and layered pumpkins together from the Autumn/fall Digi Stamps and coloured them up with my copic markers. All of my papers come from the Halloween/Autumn Paper Heaven 1 and the Paper Heaven 2



Claire C I'm a lazy bones as I hate making fancy shaped cards so I buy shaped card blanks, I love this shape, its my all time favourite!! I've used my Graph'It markers to colour this gorgeous Robin digistamp from Picknix 3 Nordic Winter Collection. To create the background I scribbled my Graph'Its on my Mix'It Palette, sprized with a little Mix'it Fluid and applied with a paintbrush to create a kind of watercolour effect. You have to work pretty quickly with this technique but I love it. For a little frosty sparkle I used a Silver Graph'It Shake pen and a waterbrush too. (You can find all the Graph'It goodies here)


Julie  -- Persistence pays off!  I’ve been wanting on this team for a long time now.  I finally wore Nikky and the talented Polkadoodle ladies down, and here I am!  I’ve been doing the happy dance for days now.  I’m so pleased to be here.
  I love shaped cards in any variety, but one of my favorites these days can be found in the Polkadoodles store here.  The card shape is the Elegant Card Shape 2 cutting file.  The "scary" witch is Amelia Witch Toad.  I colored her with Copic markers, then inked the edges with distress ink.  The papers are from the Halloween/Autumn Paper Heaven 1- Digital Download Bundle.  The sentiment tag is from the Witchie Witchie 2013 Craft Download Bundle.


Our winner (chosen by Random Org) for our Shabby Chic challenge is....
15- Hanne
You have won $10 of downloads from the store - well done!
Please contact us HERE and quote PD40001Wk37 to claim your prize.

Our Top 3, chosen by the Design Team,
9 - Pauline
23 - Marie
25 - Carol
Well done everyone and thanks so much for joining in - and don't forget your badges!!

You can enter the Favourite Shaped Card 

challenge Here

See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!