Friday 28 March 2014

Wk 13...SPRING IS IN THE AIR - Polkadoodles Challenge

Hi everyone.  It's inspirational Friday, here at Polkadoodles.   More wonderful creations for our
 Spring is in the Air Challenge.

It's officially Spring now, so we need to see lots of Spring flowers and colours, to bring that sunshine back in your life.  You could get those Mother's Day cards made (if you haven't already) and then Easter is not that far off either.  

Nikky has been at it again with another new release this week!  Work and Play 2 Collection.

** Work & Play Collection 2

And of course the fabulous Work and Play 1 is available too!

** Work & Play Collection 1

If you want to see some great samples and inspiration you can see Nikky on Create and Craft TV on Monday 31st with a Colouring Crazy with Graph'It markers show at 9am! Worth tuning in for all those colouring hints and tips!...

Our winner, drawn by Random Org, for week 10/11 Mums the Word
who wins a copy of the fabulous Work and Play 1 Collection, is...
#33 Leean
email us here to claim your prize!
In your email please quote the code PDWK10001 and you have two weeks to claim your prize!

In no particular order our Top 4 (we couldn't narrow it down this week) are..
#2 Anet
#11 Lady E
#29 Sharon 

Well done everyone and don't forget your blinkies.

Now for our fabulous DT inspiration.

Anjie - On my card this week the image is from the new Work and Play 2 CD, as are the papers. I have added some die cuts and flowers from my stash. I have used a red distress ink on the die cuts and bottom flower. I have used the Dutch Doobadoo Mask/Stencil Art A5 - Flower Swirl to create the embossed panel behind the image.

The image is coloured with Graph'It Markers and the colours I used are:
Skin: 4115, 4155, 4170, 4175, 4135
Hair: 1210, 1230, 1250, 3110, 3180
Apron: 9503, 9504, 9505
Reds: 5210, 5215, 5220

Karon - Hi everyone.  I dream of Spring at the moment, loads of snow still on the ground here in Canada. However, being able to play with these fabulous CD's this week, really cheered me up.  I decided to use the Bird house template off the Candy Doodles Collection CD.  My papers and the birdies are from the Love and Cherish CD.  I added a picket fence, after all every house should have a white picket fence and some butterflies; these are from the Sundae of Seasons CD.  More details are my blog :-)


Kerrie - I got quite a bit excited about the Spring Theme of this challenge and started thinking of Daisies and Yellow which are two things I love about the Season. Ive made an Easel card with a set of Drawers underneath. I chose to use the CDrom 'Sundae of Seasons', I love the Ragdoll Characters from the collection and all the fun Images. All the Papers and Embellishments are from the same CDrom too. I just had to use these cute Bee's and Daisies. I've mixed it up with the Dutch Doobadoo Honeycomb Mask. More details about my Project are over on my Blog xx


JAN - I used one of my all time favourite CDs this time to create my Spring themed card. All papers, image and elements are from the 'Sugarplum Daisy CD' with a little added ribbon, a die-cut and some flowers for extra embellishment.


Claire C - I've used the gorgeous singer from the new Work and Play collection 1, the sentiment and backing paper are from the same cd - soooooo pretty . The image is coloured with Graph'It Markers and I've added lots of flowers, lace and ribbon from my stash


Sally - My card today hasn't any characters as I decided to do this lovely little flower pot card made from plain cardstock and papers from the Sugar Plum Daisy CD Rom.  I cut out a template for the card and matted one of the papers on the front. I then cut out a border to go around the flower put to keep it together, I then added a tag and bow.  I then cut out some cream card and matted it on the brown cardstock for the flower tag.  I stamped Happy Mother's Day at the bottom and then added my punched out flowers from the two background papers, added little buttons for the centres. I also die cut a flowery twine and cut it in half and put it at the back of the flowers.  I really love how this has turned out.



You have until Friday 4th April at noon GMT to enter - click HERE to take you to Mr Linky.

Only a few rules for you to remember
1. No Backlinks
2. Please follow the challenge theme!
3. Maximum of 2 entries per person!

So looking forward to seeing what you create! See you next week!

3 comments:

  1. Love all the creations Girls!! Miss you all already!! Love the new Work and play collection too!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabuloushnous everyone! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for choosing me as one of your Top 4 DT. Congratulations to all the other winners. Thank you for a wonderful challenge DT.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!