Friday 31 January 2014

Wk 5 Polkadoodles Challenge - Anything Goes/Oriental

Hi everyone welcome to another Polkadoodles challenge!
We hope you're having a great crafty week full of inspired makes and plentiful stash! :D

We have some exciting news today - the new Polkadoodles Digistore is now open on Etsy!
To celebrate you can get some great new digis over there and this range will be updated regularly so make sure you add us to your Treasury and follow us for updates! 
To celebrate you can get this gorgeous brand new digistamp by Nikky for just 22p!! YES!! 22p!!! 
Total bargain!! 
This is only at this price for a limited time so make sure you go and grab the bargains now! 
Just click the image to go to the new store!

So our challenge for you this week - as ever - is 
ANYTHING GOES
But as always we have challenged the Design Team to make anything 
Oriental 
this week. They are all LOVING the brand new Goes East collection as you can see and you can also grab that here too! We don't 'do' oriental here particularly because it can be so dark and overbearing but we are all in LOVE with this new collection! It's perfectly LUSH!
Remember - you don't have to use Polkadoodles products to enter the challenge and we choose a Random winner each week - this week you can 
win a copy of the fantastic Goes East collection which is worth £15!

You can see who won our last challenge at the bottom of this post but in the meantime to take you on your journey here's the inspiration for this week.....

Ruth: I've made a quick card using one of the images from the CD, coloured with Promarkers and then used an X Cut die as a template. The digi images are stunning and are wonderful to colour! And who wouldn't want such vibrant red hair!!


Zoe - I'm loving this new Dollie Daydream goes East, oriental collection. The papers and images are gorgeous so it was so easy to make this project. I used one of the papers which I cropped before adding the fab sentiment. I printed out the stunning character and coloured her with a mix of markers including the amazing Graph'It markers.  Simple matting and layering completed my card.

Scatty Jan This is such a fantastic CD Dollie Daydream goes East,  . I am adoring all the images , I just could not pick one image to work with - They are so very easy to colour. There are some really lush papers and stacks of fabby emblies. I have coloured up using promarkers xx
Claire C  I've been in my element colouring up all the gorgeous new images on the Dollie Daydream Goes East collection, the images are all stunning and there are so many beautiful backing papers and other goodies to choose from. I've coloured Dollie and the flowers with my Graph'It Markers and layered them up over one of the papers. 

Katie here and I must say that I love, love, love this new collection. Dollie Daydeam Goes East has beautiful Papers and a great range of images. My card is A5 and has a coloured image of Dollie and one of the backing papers all backed onto black card The fan is made with one of the monochrome
papers.  I loved playing with the colour in this collection, we all need a little colour after this grey winter! Enjoy and Happy Chinese New Year! This year is the year of the Horse. Keeeeeep Crafting!!
Shell-Wow I think this cd is gonna be a huge hit..I don't normally do oriental but Nikky has changed that. I adore Dottie like this. For my card I have used a paper from the cd and Dottie has been coloured with a mix of copics and promarkers..The pagoda has been cut on my cameo machine.
Anjie - I've always struggled with Oriental but this CD has totally changed my mind! I LOVE it, the images are beautiful, and the papers are to die for! The colours used in it are lush. The image, papers, flowers, sentiments and words are all from the fab Dollie Daydream Goes East CD. The image is coloured with Graph'It Markers. The fan is cut on my Cameo.
 
Susan -  I love Oriental so this new CD was right up my street ,and its young ,bright,fun and funky ,Nikky has really  gone to town on this collection. Dollie Daydream Goes East is a must have.
I used Graph'it markers to colour the image ,papers are from the CD and the Ginger Jar was cut on my Cameo.


Lizzie - I used these lovely Oriental flowers and sentiment from the new Dolly Daydream Goes East CD its a GORGEOUS CD !!For some reason I am in a CAS mood with my cards .....don't know why ... I haven't stopped with the glitter tho !! I glittered up all the flowers with my Stickles !!!
Rebekah - Well I think the girls have said it all regarding this stunning new Dolly goes East CD. There are so many fabulous elements. I have used papers, sentiments, image and butterflies all from the CD for my oriental card this time.

WOW!!! WHo knew Oriental could be this lovely! The team have done a great job this week!!!

So let's get to the winners from Week 3!
Chosen randomly by random. org our main winner is
*drumroll please*
No 21 CARLYANN 
Well done!! Email us here to claim your prize, you won £10 of downloads! 

Our Top 3 this week as voted by the Design Team are:
#23 Jackie
#38 Haththi
We also would like to give a special mention to #34 Lyla who entered the challenge is only 12 years old! Fantastic card Lyla, the whole team loved it so we wanted to give you a special mention!
Well done everyone - grab your blinkies from the sidebar! 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER -  We only allow TWO entries each to the challenge, so many of you are entering more and we don't count you! PLEASE DON'T! We feel bad eliminating you from the challenge but we have to keep the random draw fair for everyone!

Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 9th February at 12noon GMT and don't forget to link your actual blog post so we can come and visit you!
Rules: 
1. No backlinks
2. Please FOLLOW the challenge theme!
3. Maximum of 2 entries per person!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

6 comments:

  1. WOW Ladies - what awesome creativeness - fabulous creations everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow... what inspiration, soooo need to get this cd.... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another fab challenge and the beautiful DT inspirations too x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!