Friday 28 August 2009

get a sugar rush...

Well, another busy week at Doodle Palace, oops I mean Doodle hovel if you take that filthy word we don't mention into account. Funny how other things can always take priority over the bleach and polish, think I might have to call in Kim and Aggie soon though. Still, after the last show we finally managed to ship out the last of the Jingle Jangle Crimbo backorders today and it's always a bit of a relief, I hate people having to wait to get their hands on stash it's sooo annoying. Treated myself to Copics last week but haven't even had time to play with them :( Still, they are waiting for me with all their colourful yumminess...I also have to mench this week that we now have a new forum, Polkadoodles hot gossip, which you can find here...we only launched it last week so we're a tad thin on the ground for members at the mo but the girls are all absolutely lovely and we would love it if you pop in and say hello and help us get it jiving a bit more...you can win candy this month!...

Right, the winners of the last challenge which was to follow the previous sketch were:
in 3rd place...Teri
in 2nd place...Dolly

well done girls, and our fabulous winner is Peggy with this baby...this deserved the winning accolade and if you don't normally go look at the winners entries you really do need to see this one, I love neverending cards but I've never actually made one myself, any of you who know me know I don't do that measuring thing and my patience would be gone within 5 minutes! So well done Peggy, I know how much effort went into this one girl, and it's a well-deserved win this week...could you all email me for your blinkies and pwize pleeeez...

Anyway, this week we have another sketch challenge for you again and once more, some stunning Design Team inspiration, I don't know where they get it from week in week out... So here is the sketch and the rules...

You can interpret this sketch how you wish, it can be a circle card if you like but it doesnt have to be, as you can see from the DT designs. The closing date on this one is Sunday 6th September at lunchtime and the winner will receive some lovely candy for their troubles!

Now, we have a special guest designer in September, yaaayyyyyy Ruth is taking the screen and giving me a break! So next week Ruth will be setting the challenge and she's a hard task-master I can tell ya, she keeps me on the straight and narrow that's for sure! So in celebration of Ruth's first week in the chair there will be some extra candy for the challenge winner.

Right on with the show! Here are this week's entries from those gorgeous girls on Team Doodle, they had to use the sketch and also could only use the Candy Doodles CD...


created by Boni
...this is such a bright and cheerful card! Boni's coloured in the flowers with inks and I love the way Marmaduke is just popping up above the message, is that a curiosity killed the cat moment?? lol ....lush....
created by Enfys...I love En's style and ideas and this baby is just adorable, those polkadot stars are SO striking! She's used one of my fave papers here which are the banners, I've had a good play with those and they're really versatile...love the ribbon through the paper button too...
created by Claire...wow, we all love this fab creation! Christie is gonna be one lucky lucky peep to get this lovely! I really like how she's done the doodling here, think I will be nicking that idea, she's highlighted all her black doodles with white and it looks amazing. I also love the star layered up onto the flower, a fab touch...
created by Kath...another stunner this week, boy these girls are good! Kath's used the lovely butterflies here and the "raggy" flowers - by keeping it fairly simple it's just stunning...
created by Kris...she's switched the sketch around a bit here and we have more butterflies, this time coloured to match and how gorgie is Polly and Marmaduke here. Likin the doodles round the circle too!...
created by Kerry...the sketch is on it's side here too, but still fabulous! A great man's card using Jack and Fudgey, the DT just love the garden collection because its so versatile and this is a great card for anyone of the male species....
cute whiskies (Fudge not Jack!)...

created by Ruth...proof that keeping it plain and simple = gorgeous, Ruth always manages to make her flowers look stunning and yet again - stunning! These look mega expensivo I think...


created by Lou...Lou always likes to manipulate the images on the CD and here she's taken one of the Stampes and scaled it up massivo to make a lovely truck card - how fab! This is such an awesome card for the guys, who wouldn't wanna get this one! Love how she's put the star behind the window too, clever...
Ok doodle peeps lets see what you got this week, chop chop, vite vite and all that, clock's a tickin'....x

11 comments:

  1. Am I the first to enter? I guess so YAYY! This is my first time playing along with Polka Doodles! Heres the card I made! http://jesskittelson.blogspot.com/2009/08/2-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards everyone.

    My card for this sketch challenge can be seen by clicking on this link

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.denisescraftyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's my entry

    Great DT work as always, thanks for looking at my card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys!
    I decided not to make a card this week with your sketch - hope thats ok - if not, then thats OK too, I had fun making it and thats what is all aboout!
    Here it is
    SuzyX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketch! Beautiful DT-card! :-)

    Here is my card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards everyone.
    I am loving making challenge cards for Polkadoodle. The sketches are not too difficult which gives everyone time to make a card to enter the challenge.
    Here is the link to my challenge card. http://cottonberrycreations.blogspot.com/2009/09/challenge-card-for-polkadoodle.html

    fairywings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya all,
    Great sketch ladies - thanks!
    here's my entry
    Keep it up!!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here is my entry at
    auntienoniescrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great DT cards girls. I haven't played along for a while but managed to get one done for this.
    HERE is mine, hope you like it.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  11. All are super Cute!!!!!

    HUGS ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!